Problem with rendering, SD Quattro RAW DNG files in Lightroom Classic?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Myon Regular Member • Posts: 198
I am the guy Denis wrote about

Hi, I am digitizing 6x12cm slides with the SD Quattro shooting DNGs with a 3000K light source, so I set the WB manually.

When I import the DNG file into LR with embedded previews on, the embedded preview has correct colors, once LR previews are generated, I get ugly greens and the WB shifts to 2400K or so. It helps setting it back to 3000K but the colors don't look nice and they are not correct.

Shooting X3Fs with the same WB I get insanely accurate colors. Since yesterday I export them from Sigma PhotoPro to TIFFs and import them into LR.

Check for yourself, this is part of a panoramic slide, the light is dull, but what u get in the embedded preview is accurate.

Sidenote:

If u shoot DNGs with the Quattro, which I used to and now I don't, don't shrink them with Adobe DNG converter, blotching artifacts appear, even if u dont stretch the files.

Greetings

-- hide signature --

Myon

Myon's gear list:Myon's gear list
Sony RX10 IV Sigma sd Quattro Sigma 30mm F1.4 DC HSM Art Sigma 70mm F2.8 DG Macro Art +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow