Recommendations wanted: A3 fine art photo printer for max £500

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
Waldemar Senior Member • Posts: 1,825
Re: Used printer economics--different there?

NAwlins Contrarian wrote:

... So in the U.S., unless the 3880 comes with a lot of ink, at $400 it would be a bad deal compared to a new P800. Is the E.U. market that different?

It did come with some ink, I´d say 50% averaged over all of the cartridges. It was the best price I could find and I wanted to buy from a professional reseller, as you get a 1 year limited warranty with such a purchase and a 14 day return policy no questions asked. UK should be the same right now, as EU laws (actually harmonized British laws) are in effect there until the end of 2020.

For Europe, whether UK or EU, always consider the sales tax / VAT. It is 19% in Germany and about that number in other European countries. So if you buy, say, a Volkswagen car for 25.000 euro, the dealer basically gets only 20.250, the rest he immediately (usually within a month) turns over to the revenue (taxes) service. In the US sales taxes are much lower, between 0 and 6 %, as far as I know. It´s a consumers paradise :-).

For companies and self-employed people the sales tax / VAT doesn´t matter much, as it is completely deductable. I bought the printer for my private use, so this wasn´t the case here.

-- hide signature --

Waldemar

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow