Olympus Capture - Anyone using a tablet?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Chumby
OP Chumby Regular Member • Posts: 427
Re: Olympus Capture - Anyone using a tablet?

Peter 1745 wrote:

Chumby wrote:

Hi all,

Have an EM1 mkii and Em1x. Looking at using Oly Capture out and about for landscape captures - in particular focus bracketing.

Can anyone recommend an 8" or smaller tablet (dual boot is ok) to tether to with Capture? Am finding Oly Share too time consuming flicking between Live View and Remote control. Capture gui looks much better.

My understanding the Em1x can do it wireless but the Em 1 mkii needs the usb cable?

E-M1iii wireless tethering via Olympus Capture is restricted to transferring images from the camera to the computer. It's a one way process, there is no camera control via WiFi. Also it transfers new images, not any existing images you have on your card.

Capture transfers over existing WiFi networks and there is no need to make a direct connection to the computer's WiFi, like Olympus Workspace requires, so the computer maintains access to the internet etc.

Ok thanks, Peter.

So if I wanted to use Capture out on the trails it would USB connection to either my EM1 Mkii or EM1x?  No other existing wifi available.

Have you seen a cheap, reliable tablet that can be connected to the camera's in this scenario?

Cheers
Chumby.

Chumby's gear list:Chumby's gear list
Olympus Tough TG-4 Olympus E-3 Olympus PEN E-PM2 Olympus PEN E-P5 Olympus E-M1 +21 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow