EOS RP Or 90D?? Help!!

Started Oct 11, 2019 | Questions thread
Icagel Forum Member • Posts: 57
Re: Have an EOS RP going back to APS-C

WSteveP wrote:

Have an RP and I'm selling my RP and going back to APS-C with the 90D.

I still have my old 70D and I just can't get used to the RP. I don't particularly care for an EVF and much prefer an optical viewfinder. I don't feel the need for shallow depth of field I shoot mostly landscape and wildlife. I miss the top window and the ease of changing settings using it.

The high ISO capability of a full frame is not that important to me. The RP battery is quite limited number of shots wise compared to the 90D. Native RF lenses for the RP are expensive. I know with the adapter you can use all you EF lenses on the RP but I can also use them on a 90D without the need for an adapter.

All that said the RP is a nice camera and produces some really good images and I've been extremely happy with that aspect but for ease of use the 90D is my choice.

My two cents worth.

Steve

I had 70d, and had long thinking on RP vs M6mk2. Took M6mk2 just because of overall kit and lenses M system has. And really like small size of all system.

For myself M6mk2 is really fast operating camera and with very good ergonomics. I was afraid a bit. But when customized everything I do not need anything more.

Icagel's gear list:Icagel's gear list
Canon EOS M6 II Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM Canon EF-M 11-22mm f/4-5.6 IS STM Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM Canon EF 50mm F1.8 STM +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow