Peak Design anchors with GR III?

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
Ishpuini Veteran Member • Posts: 6,249
Re: Peak Design anchors with GR III?

The Peak Design anchors are in their 4th generation now I think. Gen 1, 2 & 4 are too tight, but gen 3 actually fits nicely, and those are what I use to attach my Peak Design hand strap.

Note however, since these 3rd generation anchors have thinner cords, there have been some issues with them breaking under stress, and Peak Design actually discontinued them quite suddenly to replace them for free with the 4th generation, returning to gen 1&2 thickness. Now Peak Design strongly advises against using the gen 3 anchors... so unless you have some lying around...

Since the GR III is very light, and I only use the hand strap as a security so the camera never really dangles on the anchor, there is hardly ever any strain on the cord, and I expect it not to wear much at all. As such I think I'm pretty safe in this setup...

hth, Wim

Edit: for reference, I use the Peak Design Cuff (their wrist strap), which is a much more minimalist design than the Clutch (their hand strap).

-- hide signature --

Antwerp, Belgium, GMT+1

Ishpuini's gear list:Ishpuini's gear list
Ricoh Theta S Ricoh GR III Pentax Q Pentax Q-S1 Pentax K-3 II +21 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow