New 7D Mark II User Could use a few pointers... What settings/functions hinder performance?

Started May 5, 2020 | Discussions thread
Mike-G Junior Member • Posts: 48
Re: New 7D Mark II User Could use a few pointers... What settings/functions hinder performance?

gedansky wrote:

I can’t quote it all, but it’s amazing! I’m printing it as cheat sheets to experiment with.

thanks!

lee

I have no other advice as far as camera operations go. I dug through old posts between DA, Black Grouse and Zeeee when I bought mine last winter and use mostly what DA uses. I still don't know why Large Zone AF is (so far) best for swallows and martins against the water but is utterly useless for other situations. I place the Large Zone "Hail Mary" setting in C3 so all I have to do is twist the knob all the way to the top.

Practice and patience are key. These were from the past couple of days. I couldn't have gotten them this time last year, and I hope to look back on these a year or so from now and think they're not so good after all. I kind of messed up several swallow shots because as Black Grouse mentioned, proper exposure is critical, and I underexposed several swallow shots due to changing lighting conditions.

A release of a rehabilitated Bald Eagles in early March. By no means difficult in terms of BIF photography, but it's one you certainly don't want to screw up.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
BAK
BAK
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow