Negative drying after Developing help please

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Grh81 New Member • Posts: 8
Negative drying after Developing help please

Hi all,

I have just got myself into Home 35mm film developing with my new Patterson kit.

After a few failed attempts at getting the film onto the spool and all the way on, I have now mastered that.

The one thing I just cannot seem to master and get right is the drying of the negatives once they are out of the Patterson tank and being hung with the clips to dry.

On the final rinse, I add 5ml of fotospeed RA50 Rinse aid to 1000ml water and rinse the negs through, clearing the soap bubbles with clean water.

This is then when it goes wrong. The Patterson film Squeggie soaked in warm water and a dab of rinse aid just will NOT dry the film without leaving streaks, marks, scratches. Its awfal. Ive tried it gently, hard, dry, wet, and every single film seems to be ruined.

I currently use Cinestill DF96 all in one monobath which develops the films superbly, its the final drying stage

ANY IDEAS PLEASE?

I hear some use fingers, ive tried that and not worked, some use leather chamois , some do nothing.

What can I do to get the very final stage of development from going wrong and ruining the negs, becoming un-scannable.

Thanks

Graham

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow