Panasonic 14-42 Powerzoom Lens - Turning Off OIS

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Wagstm New Member • Posts: 22
Panasonic 14-42 Powerzoom Lens - Turning Off OIS

I’ve just bought a Panasonic 14-42 Power Zoom lens. I know there are mixed views about this lens – but I’m very pleased with it. I will probably use it on a tripod at some time in the future and conventional wisdom seems to be to turn off the OIS if I do this. I’m assuming this is the lens OIS by the way (which might be an incorrect assumption!). But how? There is no OIS switch on the lens and despite carrying out every search you can think of I cannot find any instructions on how to do this – other than a couple of search results that mention it is ‘via the camera’s menu’. But where in the menu? I can find the camera’s OIS settings easily enough and there’s also a menu item labelled ‘Power Zoom’ but nothing about OIS for the lens. I’m beginning to suspect I’m missing the blindingly obvious here (and apologies if I am) but if the lens OIS can be turned off I would be very grateful if anyone can point me to the correct method of doing it. The camera I’m using by the way is a Panasonic GX8. Very many thanks. Mark W

Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow