Trying film again after years of shooting digital

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Daniel
OP Daniel Senior Member • Posts: 1,043
Re: Trying film again after years of shooting digital

Autonerd wrote:

Dunno if you saw, but I wrote a review of this camera on 35mmc which was linked here for Film Friday. Got lambasted in the comments from people who apparently either a) didn't read the article or b) don't have much of a sense of humor, but that was my finding: Heavy and ridiculously over-complicated to use, but also an absolutely wonderful camera. I enjoy it very much, and it keeps my biceps toned.

https://www.35mmc.com/13/03/2020/nikomat-ft2-review/

Aaron

Nope, hadn't seem that (I have now), and those readers didn't lambast you; your article also appeared on DPReview (where I saw it first), and there they were more difficult. In general, I find people on DPReview a great deal less forgiving. Plus, you have all the brand loyalists who love to diss anything other than their own choices. To be fair, the vast majority of people here are not like that, and it depends on the forum.

Daniel

Daniel's gear list:Daniel's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Fujifilm X-T30 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow