Best Drone for Photography Mainly

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
mmarian Senior Member • Posts: 1,940
Re: Best Drone for Photography Mainly

h1pst3r88 wrote:

Love the Mavic 2 Pro. This was taken on one of my first flights when we were in Italy in Feb -- it's SOOC JPG. It was not taken with an ND filter (though wish I had brought one). It is a wonderful little flying Hasselblad.

I also have both the Smart Controller and the standard one that I use with an iPad and PolarPro mount. Though I bought it, I have *never* used the standard controller with iPad because the Smart Controller is quite a bit brighter and is much nicer in the hand (and in the bag).

In addition to the M2P I have a Typhoon H and a Karma (on closeout from GoPro for $300 + Karma grip!) drones Both fun but the M2P is a superior image making machine in every way; the adjustable aperture, 1" sensor, and solid software implementation being most of the reason. But the portability and flight time are also really big advantages. Of course, you pay for it with the M2P.

Also check Adorama for used. I bought my M2P in unused condition in the box with Smart Controller for $1500... and was still able to buy DJI Refesh as if it was a new drone.

Castelrotto in the Italian Dolomites. Pano mode JPG

-Chris

Beautiful photo! May I ask why you regret that you did not use ND filter? ND filters have no purpose when taking stills with drones. They are only used for keeping the shutter speed down in video to follow the fps/shutter speed rule. Perhaps you meant to say Pola filter?

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow