Late April Stars. 4 shots C+C appreciated.

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Emmanuel Diver Contributing Member • Posts: 584
Late April Stars. 4 shots C+C appreciated.

So I spent a few nights at the end of April/Start of may doing some star trails in the backyard. I live in a suburban part of East Belfast and the light pollution is on the lower side of bad. The Lyrids were were on the go so I thought why not. The star stacks are shot over my greenhouse and garage and blended a bit in GIMP and the Lyrids are processed in Lightroom.

Shots with Pentax K-7 and Sigma 24-70 2.8 EX DG HSM. This is my first attempt doing this properly in my back garden which I had always dismissed as being too light polluted for star photography. Now I'm feeling a bit more emboldened to keep trying.

Shots 1 and 3 were from the 24th April and Shots 2 and 4 were from  four days earlier on the 20th.

2 hour stack.

Lyrid over the neighbour's cherry. The Security light kept illuminating the blossom and it was WINDY that night.

Single frame of the above stack.

3 and a half hour stack.

-- hide signature --

www.flickr.com/mannydee
www.pentaxphotogallery.com/emmanuelmdiver

Emmanuel Diver's gear list:Emmanuel Diver's gear list
Pentax K-7 Tamron SP AF 70-200mm F/2.8 Di LD (IF) MACRO Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro Sigma 24-70mm F2.8 EX DG HSM Pentax smc DA 50mm F1.8 +1 more
Pentax K-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow