Voigtländer NOKTON 50mm 1:1.2 aspherical

Started Jul 25, 2019 | Discussions thread
Robgo2 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,207
Re: Voigtländer NOKTON 50mm 1:1.2 aspherical

ffabrici wrote:

I want to share my experience with the Voigtländer NOKTON 50mm 1:1.2 aspherical. I use it on an M7 and a Canon M6 as I unfortunately can not afford an M10 :-).

Over the last 30+ years, I have had many different Minolta, Canon, Sigma and Nikon 50mm f/2 to f/1.2 primes, and honestly none of them have seriously impressed me. Every one of them had one or more shortcomings that really annoyed me like CA, RSA, prone to flare, nervous or onion bokeh, etc.

I recently bought the Voigtländer NOKTON 50mm 1:1.2 aspherical based on the few reviews available and the experience I had by testing the Voigtländer NOKTON 40mm 1:1.2 aspherical. I'm not interested in a 40mm lens as I already have a great 35mm.

This 50mm f/1.2 lens is without doubt the best 50mm lens for the price of around $1000 and by far the best 50mm I have ever had. Of course it has soft corners at f/1.2 and it does not compare to the Leica 50mm APO, but take a look at it if you are in the market for a 50mm juvel to be had an affordable price.

I agree wholeheartedly. I use the Nokton 50/f1.2 on a Leica CL. The results are so good that I sold my Summilux-M 50/f1.4 ASPH without hesitation. One nice thing about the Nokton is that at f1.2, it provides a lovely touch of "Leica" glow, perfect for certain portraits. The construction is superb, nearly Leica quality. At $1000, this lens is a steal. Think about this: at f1.2, it is as fast as the Noctilux 50/f1.2 and almost as fast as the Noctilux f1.0 for a small fraction of the price.

BTW, the Voigt Nokton-M 75/f1.5 is another stunner at a fantastic price.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow