APS-C prototype focus screen etchings

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
iso rivolta Contributing Member • Posts: 627
APS-C prototype focus screen etchings

By looking at the pictures of the prototype available since last year at pentaxforums, I saw reflected in the mirror the finely etched lines delimiting the AF-covered area, the left and right brackets, and also the spot metering area in the center. This could mean that the focus screen will not have an LCD overlay as seen in K-1. Then, the OVF will be possible to use even without a battery in the camera and will make easy to change the focus screen, the same as in K-3.

The margins of the focus screen that are transmitted to the pentaprism are also visible. I obtained these numbers for the etched markings: horizontal coverage about 81%, vertical coverage about 45% (from viewfinder's width and height, respectively).

This looks like a solid improvement over the K-3 II for which I got these numbers: horizontal coverage 65%, vertical coverage in the center 42%, peripherally only 26%.

I wonder what that circle close to right upper corner would be. Maybe the position of outermost AF point etched for demonstration purposes?

And if you look close enough, it seems that there are etched four corners delimiting about this central area (maybe AF cross points):

Pentax K-1 Pentax K-3 Pentax K-3 II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow