Jerry-astro Forum Pro • Posts: 16,755
Back to the topic, please...

R_U_Q_R_U wrote:

Maxxum Fan wrote:

R_U_Q_R_U wrote:

Maxxum Fan wrote:

a_c_skinner wrote:

Yep, Ken Rockwell likes it.

He likes everything as it helps his affiliate links. Also gets free trips and doesn't disclose them. Find a better more trusted source of information

Logic. He may get paid if you buy from a link on his site. It does not follow that his review is invalid because of this.

He does kinda suck up to makers tho, my main point

And gets review samples/paid trips. None of which is disclosed which is has to be under FTC rules. Why he doesn't is a mystery nothing to hide then be open about it. So nope I scrubbed him off the trust list a long time ago

Not that I was a huge fan before, but that kinda said a lot to me

I really find this kind of OT discussions kind of a waste of time, but...

Since you are making a flatly untrue statement I feel it necessary. At the bottom of almost every page on Ken Rockwell's website appears the following:

Ken Rockwell: Review of Fujinon XF 16-55mm f/2.8 R LM WR ASPH

As you can read, Ken clearly asks you that if you are going to buy the products he reviews to click the links on his site so he gets paid. This is no secret. He also asks people to make donations to support his work. Nothing wrong with this. No one is forced to click his links or give him any money. The site is not behind a paywall and his knowledge of vintage lenses is extensive and helpful to me.

Also, he differentiates between lenses he owns and those he is just reviewing. How?

At the start of every review he uses one of these phrases:

"I got mine at..." or "I'd get mine at..." the later meaning he does not own it and is just reviewing it. Maybe not as explicit as you wish. But must reviewers do not buy everything they review.

Information form KenRockwell.com

OK, as you pointed out, this is wandering WAY OT. Let’s please get back to the topic or else this thread will end up in the ever growing pile of locked threads.

-- hide signature --

Jerry-Astro
Fujifilm X Forum Co-Mod

Jerry-astro's gear list:Jerry-astro's gear list
Fujifilm X-H1 Carl Zeiss Touit 2.8/12 Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR Fujifilm XF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 OIS WR +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
JNR
JNR
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow