Dust protecor (IR filter) is STILL on backorder!

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
PT
PT Contributing Member • Posts: 861
Re: Dust protecor (IR filter) is STILL on backorder!

supergroovegear wrote:

G Radford wrote:

Earlier this year, I tried to order a spare sdQ dust protector from Sigma USA, but they will not accept orders from Canada.

[SNIP]

-Gary

This is the experience I had as well.

I ordered from New Zealand while the status was backordered. I followed up the order and the response was they just got some in stock but because my credit card was not issued in teh USA, they could not fill the order. I was willing to buy 3 pieces as well.

I tried asking Aodrama if they could get it from Sigma USA but they couldn't help. I have yet to ask my New Zealand distributor or I could ask a friend in Japan to get some for me.

The NZ distributor is I suspect the same one for Oz.... C R Kennedy. I encountered a lot of dis interest in ordering the part from the CRK office in Perth, see post https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/63406976 eventually I went directly  to the Melbourne parts office and spoke to Rob Grunden who was very helpful and went out of his way to help me, his email is rgrunden@crkennedy.com.au you can save yourself a lot of time by going straight to Rob as he is the photographic parts guy for CRK, everyone else I spoke to was not really interested, I wasted 6 weeks with empty promises to get back to me when one phone call to the right person and I received the filter the next day.

PT

PT's gear list:PT's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ150 Fujifilm X100V Fujifilm X-T1 Sigma sd Quattro H +14 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
PT
PT
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow