Buying the X-T4 - but which kit lens

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
tcdc12321 Regular Member • Posts: 149
Re: Buying the X-T4 - but which kit lens

jjz2 wrote:

I personally wouldn't use one of the "kit" lenses if you're gonna go with the bleeding edge XT4...but that's just me... I'd go for something like the 16-55 or 23 1.4 to start to wrangle the quality out of that sucker and take advantage of the IBIS... if not, don't see the point of pre-ordering it to match it with OK glass. Might as well have got the XT2/XT3/XT30 and saved your money.

The XT-4 might be bleeding edge in terms of IBIS, battery life, EVF...but it has same sensor as the X-T30 and X-T3. So you're not "wrangling the quality" out of the X-T4 any more than you would out of these cameras. Plus, the sensor in the X-T2, X-T20, X-E3, X-H1, etc. might have 2 fewer MP, but the quality is basically identical to the newer sensor.

So, in short, there isn't any better of an argument to put a good lens on the X-T4 as you could make for any other recent Fuji camera. If anything, I would be more inclined to use lenses without IBIS like the 16-55 or primes that you mention, or even quality lenses with only decent IS like the 15-45 (at the wide end) and 50-230 (which is better than it gets credit for, IMO, but has weak IS).

My two cents.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
JNR
JNR
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow