Buying the X-T4 - but which kit lens

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
jjz2 Senior Member • Posts: 2,934
Re: Buying the X-T4 - but which kit lens

GPAtlanta wrote:

jjz2 wrote:

I personally wouldn't use one of the "kit" lenses if you're gonna go with the bleeding edge XT4...but that's just me... I'd go for something like the 16-55 or 23 1.4 to start to wrangle the quality out of that sucker and take advantage of the IBIS... if not, don't see the point of pre-ordering it to match it with OK glass. Might as well have got the XT2/XT3/XT30 and saved your money.

The problem with that logic is Fuji doesn't make just OK glass. Aside from the 18mm prime, everything is pretty top notch.. People like to think they need what they really don't..

I'd say it's just OK within Fuji's lineup, but better than other camera manufacturers 18-55 lenses, so to dump all your money on a pre-order top of the line camera then put a 290 dollar used kit lens on it doesn't make any sense to me if its IQ you're after. Would have got better IQ out of an XT2 and 16-55, guaranteed.

If going with the 18-55, I'd supplement it with 2-3 primes in that range for IQ on an X-T4.

jjz2's gear list:jjz2's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm X-E3 Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
JNR
JNR
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow