iMovie and HD storage, very frustrated.

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
murtaughf3 Junior Member • Posts: 26
iMovie and HD storage, very frustrated.

Please forgive me I'm little frustrated and confused so I'll try to explain this the best I can.

My Macbook hard drive was full. I deleted 20 gigs, now have 20 free gigs, added a video project that was 10 gigs to my desk top HD, copied over to iMovie and started editing. Stopped for the night and came back today and now my hard drive has 200 mb free space. Numbers are not exact but really close.

Once I move the files to iMovie does it in create a second copy on the hard drive ? If iMovie keeps a copy of the files would I be ok to delete all the old projects in my iMovie Library (original files are still on HD)? Or is there some other way I filled up the other 10 gigs of space on my hard drive without knowing it?

While I'm at it, is there a way I can import files from my memory card to a external hard drive and edit off the external and not even put anything on the laptop? Hopefully avoiding this issue in the future.

Thank you very much in advance.

murtaughf3's gear list:murtaughf3's gear list
Canon EOS 80D Canon EF 50mm F1.8 II Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow