XF 16-80mm f4 - poor definition at 16 mm across the frame

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
thxbb12 Senior Member • Posts: 2,031
Re: XF 16-80mm f4 - poor definition at 16 mm across the frame

maltmoose wrote:

miles500 wrote:

I had this lens and sadly rejected it for being too soft at the edges at both ends. Your copy looks to be a bit better than the one I had. I replaced it with a S/H 10-20 which I find more satfactory. On the other hand the 16-80 is pretty sharp in the centre - it all depends how fussy one is about the corners!

I didnt have this lens but everything ive seen shows it poor at the edges at 16 and 80, farily sharp in the centre. Seeing as its a 16-80 its just unacceptable and i kept my 18-55.

Your 16-80 is certainly soft at the edges but your images have been run through lightroom and look terrible. xtrans plus lightroom (if you dont know what your doing) makes it look worse than one the cheapest m43 cameras and zoom lenses..

no wonder fuji low and high end cameras use bayer, no idea why they they insist on xtrans it offers nothing.

XTRANS LIGHTROOM WAR

FIGHT!

Totally agree with Lightroom and X-Trans.

On the other hand, RawTherapee does a great job and it's free. I warmly recommend to try it just to see how much better the files can look like

-- hide signature --
 thxbb12's gear list:thxbb12's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Fujifilm X-T20 Panasonic Lumix DC-GX9 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm F4-5.6 R +9 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
afm
afm
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow