New Pentax - maybe Nikon show the way forward.. Locked

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
MaciekPruski Regular Member • Posts: 253
They should at least try..

Oiche wrote:

Daft Punk wrote:

Pentax can do the same.

Just how could Pentax do what Nikon did considering they are a much bigger company which developed, for example, cutting edge AF performance etc. etc. etc. over many years, spent zillions more on R&D and developed and released a massive amount of more equipment banking all that knowledge along the way with all the engineering patents?

Just because a mountaineer climbed Everest doesn't mean another can.

New Pentax APS-C will be a vanilla brick standard DSLR so don't expect a D780 rival. Some saying here about the forthcoming dpreviews slating it, well that is because they know what it is going to be.

I'm a happy Pentaxian BTW and love the stuff, no interest in MILCs etc.

They probably won't make it as good as the best mirrorless but simply expanding the live view capability and video capability would be very welcome for me. I can't understand why I have focus peaking before video capture but not during capture for example. And live view AF is really slow on my Pentax cameras. Offering better video specs doesn't necessarily cost millions of dollars.

I have the KP and K1, so for me the new camera has to offer something new to be worth buying. Slightly better AF won't cut it.

So even if it won't be better than the top mirrorless that's not a deal breaker. I guess most people who can't live without these features already switched to other systems. But for us current Pentaxians the new camera should at least try to offer steps in this direction if we are to buy this.

MaciekPruski's gear list:MaciekPruski's gear list
Pentax K-1 Pentax KP Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 Tamron SP AF 70-200mm F/2.8 Di LD (IF) MACRO Pentax smc DA 17-70mm F4.0 AL (IF) SDM +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Mako2011
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow