Dust protecor (IR filter) is STILL on backorder!

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Scottelly
OP Scottelly Forum Pro • Posts: 14,917
Re: Dust protecor (IR filter) is STILL on backorder!

Ceistinne wrote:

Scott,

I think you are overreacting completely as there is very little chance of breaking the filter of your sd Q H if you follow the instructions carefully and particularly do not put unnecessary pressure on the filter. it is the easiest one of them all to take out and put in again.

The SD9 / SD10 was retained in place with a screw and the SD14 /15 & SD1 / SD1 Merrill clipped into place, the latter being the most awkward to get back in, needed slightly more care than either the earlier ones or the Quattros to get it properly in place.

I agree that it should be possible to get the filters for all the cameras without too much delay since they are an essential part of the cameras.

Remove the filter carefully, clean your sensor with the proper cleaning items and put the filter back in place following the instructions & you'll be good to go for next couple of years.

No need to sell your Sigma gear.

Yeah, I guess that's a bit of an over-the-top reaction, but it really does bother me that Sigma would not keep such an essential "Accessory" in stock. It seems like they have probably not stocked them for a long time, considering the fact that not one of the different versions of that filter is available.

-- hide signature --

Scott Barton Kennelly
https://www.bigprintphotos.com/

Scottelly's gear list:Scottelly's gear list
Sony SLT-A65 Sigma SD1 Merrill Nikon D810 Sigma sd Quattro H Sony DT 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 SAM +23 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
PT
PT
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow