Which (new) mount will become dominant?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
TheTrickster2k
TheTrickster2k Forum Member • Posts: 73
Which (new) mount will become dominant?

So I'm sat here, being a 43 and m43 owner since the release of the original Olympus E-1 in 2003 and being one of the first to go all digital and dive head first into a new format. I really fancy a FF camera after all these years and I'm struggling to pick up a S1 and commit to the L mount if I'm honest. (I feel a bit of deja vu with my E-1)

We have seen that mount disappear and for others to come along, with EF still being the most prominent lens choice around (going by whats for sale in local retail, its mainly EF and Nikon with a few Sonys)

I feel we are now at a point (apart from Olympus and Fuji) where all the big players are on a FF mount of some sorts and they all have been on the market roughy the same time.

I'm very intrigued to see if anyone in the camera industry can see any trends on the take up of these new mounts? Which one has surprised you by its take up (or lack of), which do you feel will become the new 'EF'. Its all early days for all of them, but the way Olympus dropped 43s so easily I'm very wary now.

-- hide signature --

Regards
Richard

TheTrickster2k's gear list:TheTrickster2k's gear list
Panasonic GH5 Nikon Coolpix AW130 Panasonic GH5S Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS +7 more
FinePix S1 Olympus E-1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow