Survival of the K-mount in the mirrorless world.

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Luis Fonseca Regular Member • Posts: 412
Re: Survival of the K-mount in the mirrorless world.

brett nz wrote:

The main benefits of mirrorless can be incorporated into the slr -

Most of them yes. Those related to a small flange distance can't.

the FF mirrorless are not that much lighter, certainly not their lenses -

It's a matter of what the manufacturer chooses. The main benefict in lens design should be with focal lenghts between 20mm (typical flange distance on mirroless) and 40mm (on SLR). Just look at the Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 for example.

yes a mirrorless body can be smaller but a camera needs to be a certain size for me to hold nicely anyway - thats how I chose Pentax originally.

There is no need for extra size in the lens mount. Usually one doen't hold the camera there. And a mirrorless can be huge like the Panasonic that is even larger than the K-1.

I am wanting a new K1 - fast and large buffer so timelapse can shoot at 2sec intervals instead of lagging every doz frames as it does now - improved af and yes I want much improved video. Thats all I need and it doesnt need to be mirrorless for that.

And I wanted small Pentax mirroless (Canon RP/Sony a7 sized) with PK to mirrorless  adapter that works flawlessly and a DFA* 24-105 f/4.

Luis

Luis Fonseca's gear list:Luis Fonseca's gear list
Pentax K-5 Sony Alpha NEX-3N Pentax K-1 Canon EOS RP Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 +14 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tex
K0d
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow