Planning for my DSLR Future and I think it's the 7D Mark II

Started Apr 24, 2020 | Discussions thread
Mike-G Junior Member • Posts: 48
Re: Planning for my DSLR Future and I think it's the 7D Mark II

Distinctly Average wrote:

Mike-G wrote:

I've had the same problem with the Black Rapid strap. Brilliant design but failed execution.

Certainly not up to DA standards, but here are a few from April. Please pardon the crops. This is my second year of shooting birds, so I still have a long way to go.

Superb stiff and what a stunning bird. Particularly like the second shot.

Thanks. It's amazing what a little splash of color will do for a bird's appearance.  This time of year they hop from stalk to stalk in marshy areas and sometimes let out a shrill call as they're about to land. I couldn't get that shot last year, so I guess practice and experience pay off. Maybe something between me and the camera have clicked this spring in terms of BIF photos. I (or the camera, or both of us) are still too erratic, but I'm coming home with more shots that I'm happy with.

For the OP, I hope you enjoy your new camera. The 7D2's ergonomics and customization options are superb. I'm in my mid-50s and although I'm in good shape, I'm not a mountain of muscle. Although I wouldn't mind something a little lighter, I don't have any problems carrying it for extended periods of time or hand-holding the 100-400 L for several hours.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
YWG
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow