Survival of the K-mount in the mirrorless world.

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Alex Sarbu Forum Pro • Posts: 11,583
Re: Indeed...Definately not my world.

viska wrote:

Samsung supported their system until 2017/8,the most recent body NX500 came in 2015.

February 2015. That's when the last Samsung camera was released.

There is no supporting the system after that date. There is only death.

They were the "smartest" camera company,they read the market then put their research and development people into an expanding camera division SMARTphones.95% of photos taken are with those devices.

So they would've been "smart" as well with Pentax, don't you think?

Which is my point: we should not assume they would have acted completely different if they somehow acquired Pentax.

Their compacts were good and their ILCs were great,Fuji & Sony have only just gone past the NXs.

Pentax M/L is a blip on the radar,Ricoh will continue with Dslr in the short term but how short?I hope the next body is worth the wait?

It should be worth the wait, indeed. Now, that depends on what you're waiting for... hopefully a Pentax camera

Alex

-- hide signature --

"When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say." - George R.R. Martin, A Clash of Kings

Alex Sarbu's gear list:Alex Sarbu's gear list
Ricoh GR III Pentax K-5 IIs Pentax K-1 II Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited Pentax smc DA 70mm F2.4 AL Limited +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tex
K0d
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow