Planning for my DSLR Future and I think it's the 7D Mark II

Started Apr 24, 2020 | Discussions thread
Mike-G Junior Member • Posts: 48
Re: Planning for my DSLR Future and I think it's the 7D Mark II

Distinctly Average wrote:

I carry mine on a slick strap. Carried like that with the 100-400II I barely notice it is there. I never really bother about the weight as the strap tends to take all the load. My xxD cameras are not that much lighter but as I tend to use those for macro, no strap is attached so do feel a little more cumbersome despite being smaller.

Is it worth it? IMO yes. The 7D2 allows me to get many shots I would struggle with otherwise.

I carry mine of a Black Rapid for up to six hours on my morning walks. The weight isn't an issue at all while carrying it, but I did notice some shoulder tightness afterwards. Turned out that my strap had loosened up over the winter while wearing it over a ski jacket.

I've been trying to capture Red-winged Blackbirds in flight as they buzz around our marshes. They're not Swallow-tough but are fairly challenging for my lowly skills. The 7D2 is far better than the 80D when it comes to focusing against busy backgrounds.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
YWG
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow