A7RIV Batis 85 1.8 and sony 85 1.8

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
lélé Contributing Member • Posts: 600
Re: A7RIV Batis 85 1.8 and sony 85 1.8

Pennskull wrote:

Do anyone have shots with the A7RIV with the sony 85 1.8 and batis 85 1.8? I want to upgrade to the 7RIV from my 7RII but worried about the sharpness of those lenses. I rather not have to upgrade my lens arsenal, and the 85's are my bread and butter lenses.

Hello!

Lenses do not perform worse on higher resolution bodies. This an misconception caused by viewing pictures at 100%. Should you take pictures with the same lens using let's say a Sony a7 III and a Sony a7R IV, then display or print them at the same size, at worse the a7R IV will look similar and often it will look more detailled.

What is true on the other hand is that you don't use very sharp lenses, or you don't diaplay/print 'big', then the 61Mpx will offer very little to no advantage.

Both the Batis and the Sony (especially the Batis in my experience, but the difference is not huge so it may vary from unit to unit...) are quite sharp. You should get very good results. especially if you close them a bit.

lélé's gear list:lélé's gear list
Nikon D300 Sony a7R IV Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 17-55mm f/2.8G ED-IF Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +13 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow