Dutch landscape 2

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
petergerritsen
OP petergerritsen Regular Member • Posts: 363
Re: Dutch landscape 2

Thanks for your comments. You are right that I can improve by looking longer before taking  the picture and with that improve the composition.

Will do next time.

rogerstpierre wrote:

I like the colors, beautiful light and generally interesting simple composition.

If I may suggest it could be even better if the horizon wasn't tilted, the cyclists weren't in the center and some of the cows bodies weren't cut off (especially the cow butt on the right, which I'd photoshop out if it were me). If you have the opportunity, you can try retaking it with that in mind.

I took the liberty and I hope not too presumptuously to quickly modify your original to show how little details make a big difference, hope you don't mind; if you do I'll take it down. In this version, both cyclists are headed in the same direction, into the frame and I taken out 2 cut off cows. It would be nice if we could see the head of the two cows eating too.

-- hide signature --
 petergerritsen's gear list:petergerritsen's gear list
Fujifilm X-T20 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic Lumix DC-GX9 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 +5 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow