Planning for my DSLR Future and I think it's the 7D Mark II

Started Apr 24, 2020 | Discussions thread
muljao Contributing Member • Posts: 736
Re: Planning for my DSLR Future and I think it's the 7D Mark II

gedansky wrote:

Folks, I appreciate all the insight. I'm still on the fence, NOT because I'm having any second thoughts about the 7D Mark II (and I'm NOT dumping Canon, despite the good intentions of some), but because...

1) I'm looking at a great deal at a very bad time (pandemic, out of work, etc.).

2) I'm new enough to "serious" photography that understanding that credible equipment starts in the $1000 and up range, and actually spending it, is a tough barrier to cross.

3) the seller is claiming the total number of shutter clicks to be about 1000 (pretty awesome). But, he is basing the number of clicks on the approximate number of times the camera was used, and how many shots taken. He's not showing actual proof of shutter usage and says he doesn't know how to find it. (If it's a matter of him purchasing software I'm not sure he would.)

4) He's almost an hour away and wants to meet in the middle (not too bad). But, carrying $1100 in cash and meeting a stranger in a parking lot (even for something this specific) seems a little unnerving.

I think I can wait for now.

There are a few websites can do shutter count. Myshuttercount.com rings a bell.

As for the money,dunno, meet somewhere public (is that still possible), take the amount required minus the total you can draw from an atm on the spot, or just meet with no money and PayPal on the spot when both happy

muljao's gear list:muljao's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon D7200 Sony a7 III Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm F4G ED VR +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
YWG
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow