Planning for my DSLR Future and I think it's the 7D Mark II

Started Apr 24, 2020 | Discussions thread
Distinctly Average Senior Member • Posts: 1,120
Re: Planning for my DSLR Future and I think it's the 7D Mark II

Ad12 wrote:

gedansky wrote:

I appreciate that but I like Canon. And there’s literally no system out there regardless of brand, that can out do the 7D in its core competencies, for under $1000 for just the camera itself. That’s why it’s still a workhorse for professional wildlife and sports photographers. So it seems that $1200 doe like new, bought this year, with the WiFi kit and 18-135mm USM lens is a “steal”

I have 5 lenses that I really like and put a lot of time into choosing, and it would take time to find them again at a good price, on a different platform. I also know several of the lenses that I have cost a lot more on other platforms, so I would expect to have to spend at least another $1000 in used and new lenses, maybe more, just to replace what I have.

I’m no expert but I’ve read the Nikon d500 is the benchmark and doesn’t seem that expensive used. Maybe worth a quick look? Just trying to help excuse my ignorance.

Having used both, there is not a lot in it between the two. They are both wonderful cameras each with their strengths. Personally, I jprefer the ergonomics of the 7D2 so stick with that.

-- hide signature --
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
YWG
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow