Planning for my DSLR Future and I think it's the 7D Mark II

Started Apr 24, 2020 | Discussions thread
muljao Contributing Member • Posts: 736
Re: Planning for my DSLR Future and I think it's the 7D Mark II

gedansky wrote:

I appreciate that but I like Canon. And there’s literally no system out there regardless of brand, that can out do the 7D in its core competencies, for under $1000 for just the camera itself. That’s why it’s still a workhorse for professional wildlife and sports photographers. So it seems that $1200 doe like new, bought this year, with the WiFi kit and 18-135mm USM lens is a “steal”

I have 5 lenses that I really like and put a lot of time into choosing, and it would take time to find them again at a good price, on a different platform. I also know several of the lenses that I have cost a lot more on other platforms, so I would expect to have to spend at least another $1000 in used and new lenses, maybe more, just to replace what I have.

Yes, to be fair, the 7d ii is quite excellent, even more so if you've a bunch of lenses already.

Enjoy

muljao's gear list:muljao's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon D7200 Sony a7 III Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm F4G ED VR +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
YWG
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow