Planning for my DSLR Future and I think it's the 7D Mark II

Started Apr 24, 2020 | Discussions thread
M Stewart Contributing Member • Posts: 955
Re: Planning for my DSLR Future and I think it's the 7D Mark II

After owning and using a 7D for a few years, I bought a used 7D Mark II four years ago, and it's been my main DSLR since then.  I've used it for a wide range of work, mainly recording my activities, but it's also taken some of my best birding shots, behind an EF 500 F/4L IS.

Uniquely, in the Canon offerings, it has both built-in GPS and a magnetic compass.  For many  of  my interests, the ability to both record where I took the shot as well as the direction I was pointing in has been very useful.

Soon after getting my 7D Mark II, I noticed the improvement in noise levels compared to my 7D, which was always somewhat of a disappointment.

(Sadly, the 5D range doesn't offer me GPS and compass which I've got in my 7D Mark II, so am not likely to change from my full-frame 5D II, which now gets little use.)

-- hide signature --

M. Stewart
Milton Keynes, UK

M Stewart's gear list:M Stewart's gear list
Canon EOS M Canon EF 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye Canon EF 20mm f/2.8 USM Canon EF 24mm f/2.8 Canon EF 35mm F2.0 +15 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
YWG
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow