Should I sell my D850 for a Z7?

Started Apr 25, 2020 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
mreservices Forum Member • Posts: 82
Should I sell my D850 for a Z7?

Wanted to get everyone’s opinion on selling my D850 to purchase a Z7. I currently have a Z6 also and LOVE it. So much fun to shoot. I hardly touch the D850 anymore. I can not afford the Z7 without the sale. I want to have something with higher resolution for cropping. My favorite is macro photography. Also do some landscape, street and everyday photography. My wife has a pet sitting business (although it’s non existent....) and thinking about getting into some pet photography with her. I do have the 24-70 2.8s, Tamron 24-70 G2, 70-200 G2, 150-600 G2, and 90 macro which isn’t working on Z6 because of lack of firmware. Just not sure if it makes sense to change or not. I love the D850 and just worried about letting it go. I purchased all equipment new and only have 4K activations on it. I just never use it now. I don’t really do any video.  The other factor is I just had rotator cuff surgery and it’s hard to hold the D850.  So much easier with the Z6.  Any thoughts?

mreservices's gear list:mreservices's gear list
Nikon Z6 II Nikon Z7 II Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm F2.8G IF-ED VR Tamron SP 90mm F2.8 Di VC USD Macro Tamron SP 150-600mm F5-6.3 Di VC USD G2 +7 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D850 Nikon Z6 Nikon Z7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow