Planning for my DSLR Future and I think it's the 7D Mark II

Started Apr 24, 2020 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
gedansky Regular Member • Posts: 263
Planning for my DSLR Future and I think it's the 7D Mark II

I bought the Canon EOS Rebel T6 used almost a year ago. It was in my budget (sub-$550), and in many ways the huge jump from my circa 2002 EOS Rebel 6.3mp first gen. I knew megapixels weren't everything and I also knew, as did the guy at my local camera store, that ANYTHING would be an improvement over my old camera.

The biggest improvements I am looking for are:

1) fps (10 vs 3)

2) faster shooting

3) AF speed and accuracy

4) buffer (seemingly endless vs mine that is full in 1-2 seconds)

5) better low light performance

6) less importantly but still nice... more rugged and weather resistant.

I get that there are trade-offs.  20mp is a small increase over the 18mp of the T6.  I have heard that the battery dies by up to 1000 shots.  I can get 1100 to 1500 out of the T6.

I have seen the price all over the place used (in the high $400's to the $700 range) but still in the $900 to $1700 new, depending upon body only to kit size.

It was voted DP reviews silver award winner for best cameras under $1500 for 2020.  If you have it, are you happy with it? Are you planning your next conquest or not even considering a move until it gives up the ghost?

Right now, I am just trying to think happier thoughts.  I am in no way able to drop $700 or higher on an upgrade unless I manage to sell a bunch of gear or some pics to pay for it.  But, it's nice to think about it.

Thanks!

Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EOS Rebel T6 (EOS 1300D)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
YWG
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow