Nikon 300mm f2.8 with the Z cameras?

Started 9 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Luftwalk Regular Member • Posts: 212
Nikon 300mm f2.8 with the Z cameras?

Hey, I have a question....has anyone here used a 300mm f2.8 (VR2, VR1 or AF-S II) with the Z cameras? TC experience would be welcome as well. I'm asking specifically for the Nikon versions since I had a Sigma 120-300mm f2.8 Sport and while I loved the IQ from it, the AF-C was a different story...it basically stuttered a lot and caused a misfocus. Tried it on a D750 and the Z6. But when it hit...oh boy

I lately had that 300/2.8 itch again...so was looking at the Nikon primes and while they're quite expensive I see no Z version in the future, so there is probably no other way than an FTZ.

My current tele lenses include a 70-200mm f2.8 VR2, Sigma 100-400mm and the Nikon 200-500mm.

Thanks for any answers, photos, experience,...

Luftwalk's gear list:Luftwalk's gear list
Nikon Z6 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm F1.8G Sigma 24-35mm F2 DG HSM Art Nikon 200-500mm F5.6E ED VR +4 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon Z6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow