Flat field macros for scanning.

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
OP bharathmsk Regular Member • Posts: 162
Re: Flat field macros for scanning.

Hi Everyone, An update. After a good bit of figuring out, back and forth with adapters etc., I got set up with a "near mint" Schneider Componon-S 50 f/2.8. This marvelous piece of junk is wayyyy worse than my Oly 50mm f/3.5 in the corners. If I attempt to achieve a similar level of corner sharpness with the Componon-S, the loss of center sharpness is pretty painful to look at.

All I want is very good sharpness, with a flat field at 1:1. The old Oly OM 80mm comes up now and again as a good suggestion, but I wonder if the cost savings is significant enough relative to some of the modern macro lenses like the aforementioned Sig/Nik/Canon (when purchased used).

Besides the Sigma 105S that @jonby mentioned, are there other modern macro lenses that have very good flat fields at 1:1, at similar or lower price points for the Canon mount?

Thanks for the help!

bharathmsk's gear list:bharathmsk's gear list
Canon EOS 550D Canon EOS 6D Olympus OM-D E-M10 III Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS +7 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow