Thoughts on the perfect scan - is it that important?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Roman Verton
Roman Verton New Member • Posts: 13
Re: Thoughts on the perfect scan - is it that important?

Actually, much depends on what you one calls a perfect scan.

And as you may know different films produce different colors. That is a pleasing diversity for photographers that love shooting film.

So, what I was looking for - best way to retain as much of the film image original colors as possible. Because that's what I like about film images. Special colors and special mood and accent they deliver. The main problem is to get rid of the film negatives tint without loosing much of the other color information.

I use a DSLR with macrolens and adapter to scan. It is not a specialized scanner but it gives you the flexibility and quality of raw files. In that respect it is important to make things right at a scanning (or digitizing) stage.

It took quite some time for me to figure out my workflow on all stages of the process. Luckily, a lot of information and advice is available on the net. Some useful threads are present on this forum.

Can I call my scans perfect? I do not know. I just know that the results I now get are quite satisfactory to me.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow