Is R5s still happening?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Stig Nygaard
Stig Nygaard Regular Member • Posts: 169
Re: Is R5s still happening?

Light Pilgrim wrote:

Do you think that Canon is still going to release a photography oriented camera this year?

It is impressive video specs Canon has been teasing us with, but why don't you think of R5 as a photography orientated camera? I still regard photography the primary (ahem) focus of the camera. It has the form-factor optimized for photography (not for video), it does 12 or 20 photos pr. second, has IBIS, dual card slots, animal tracking AF optimized for detecting body or eye of dogs, cats and birds. And Canon promises "new standards in high resolution stills".

Yesterdays announcement of more video-specs for R5 was bonus info from a bunch of announcements all about Canons professional Cine gear. So obviously all new info on R5 was also video-oriented. But that doesn't make video the primary thing of the camera.

Canonrumors thinks we at the earliest will see R6 and R5 on the streets in July (And even before Corona, R5's originally rumored shipping time was also July - So I would actually be surprised if we see R5 already in July).

The (very) high megapixel R3/R5s rumors has always been a little vague. Much more vague than the R5 and R6 rumors. I'm not sure it is a thing at all, and if it is, I wouldn't count on it to happen this year.

Stig Nygaard's gear list:Stig Nygaard's gear list
Olympus TG-5 Canon G5 X II Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EF-S 10-22mm F3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow