Photographing Bugs

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
revio Senior Member • Posts: 1,811
Re: Photographing Bugs w Oly 40-150 + MC-14

Although perhaps a bit over the top, taking into account you wished for a "one hand-holdable", and light, kit...

Nevertheless, here´s "my shot" at the issue at hand:

The Olympus 40-150mm/2,8 with and without, the MC-14 (and MC-20 by the way) is a bit of an eye opener. At least to me it´s been sort a "small world" opener. Even though I do own the old 4/3 macro Zuiko 50mm/2,0, I find that with the 40-150 solo or w MC-14, I get more close focus shots that ever (in comparision). Generally ,maybe not so much more, but talking bugs the tele zoom really does it. And fun too.

These accompanying images are shot @210mm and are enlarged just around 3 times linear (3x). I did use AF most of the time, also took a few w manual focus but that was really hard since these bugs do move around both rapidly and unpredictably. Was hardest to achieve focus dead on their eyes, but these 3 and a few more did work out rather fine, I think.

Cropped, and adjusted regarding colour, sharpness, noise, contrast etc in PS Elements 11, from original jpeg ooc.

-- hide signature --

Aim & Frame

revio's gear list:revio's gear list
Konica KD-500 Zoom Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-M1 II Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro +8 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow