Canon imageprograf pro 2100 vs 4100s vs Epson SC P6000 vs HP Z6

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
appelton Forum Member • Posts: 66
Canon imageprograf pro 2100 vs 4100s vs Epson SC P6000 vs HP Z6

I need a bit of advice on the printer. I need a large format printer for myself, to print backgrounds 24inch x 36inch like that : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5IyztOrF7M&t=12s for my product photoshoots, and to print some of my work as well.

So far my options are:

- Canon Imageprograf Pro 2100 - I love this printer, as I used to print in a print shop that has 4000. I like to price of the print head which is around 500$ - much cheaper than EPSON. The only thing that keeps me away from this printer is the price of ink. Over 2k for OEM ink is just insane. I 've seen some options of 3rd party ink that might work really well just like it works for IPF 1000, but it still something I need to investigate a little bit more.

- EPSON SC P6000 - Prints absolutely beautiful images with just 8 inks, so the total ink cost might be cut down significantly..not to mention that there are some good options for 3rd party ink. The only thing that just scares the crap out of me is the cost of the printhead - over 2K. So actually buying a new printer is probably a better option once the printhead is dead. There is an extended warranty for 3 years but how much longer after that the printhead will last...who knows.

- Canon Imageprograf Pro 4100s - seems like a cheaper alternative with just 8 inks, however, I have my doubts if it can print just as good as Epson P6000.

- HP Z6 or Z9+ : they look really interesting in terms of INK prices, and I really like that there are 5 printheads for just a little over 100$ each. So once something gets clogged I can quickly switch to new printhead. The only downside is I know absolutely nothing about HP nor do I trust them. I've never even seen a print out of their Z line printers so it's really hard to tell if it's any good.

I'd really appreciate if someone could give me an advice here.

Nikon Coolpix P6000 Nikon Z6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow