Cheap, fun and really solid image quality

Started Apr 21, 2020 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
Mark3794 Forum Member • Posts: 61
Cheap, fun and really solid image quality

I saw this camera 2 years ago going for 500 euros in a store and i said "why not?".

One of the best impulse decision i have ever made.

This camera is really fun, i bring it really everywhere, the touch interface and general user friendliness is really high.

The image quality is really solid, on par with nikon 24mp aps-c sensor and sony ones, while the m50 maybe lacks a bit in sharpness and low light, the colors and general feel of the image is hard to beat.

The AF is really good even in video.

The 1080p video is really good with wonderful colors and it's sharper than the a6300 and sony A7, A7m2 that i tried

I even used this camera professionally as a b-cam paired with a 5Dm3 with no problems

Cons:

You really need another battery, make it three to be sure, i used Duracell LP-E12 with no problems.

The camera is really small, you need a smallrig cage if you have small hands.

The 4k is good only if you use manual focus, relatively wide angle lenses for the crop factor and a tripod/monopod

Sometimes the AF gets confused with high contrast backgrounds, not a big deal

Mark3794's gear list:Mark3794's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS RP Canon EF 85mm F1.8 USM Canon EF 70-200mm F4L IS USM Canon EF 24-70mm F4L IS USM +2 more
Canon EOS M50 (EOS Kiss M)
24 megapixels • 3 screen • APS-C sensor
Announced: Feb 26, 2018
Mark3794's score
Average community score
bad for good for
Kids / pets
great
Action / sports
good
Landscapes / scenery
excellent
Portraits
excellent
Low light (without flash)
good
Flash photography (social)
excellent
Studio / still life
excellent
= community average
Canon EOS M50 (EOS Kiss M)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow