Fun with my X-T100 and the 15-45 (and asking for some advice)

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
markgv Regular Member • Posts: 326
Fun with my X-T100 and the 15-45 (and asking for some advice)

I have had my X-T100 with the XC 15-45 for over a year now, and it's been a great combination for me. On a walk this evening I discovered this old car in pic #1. Someone can probably tell us what year and model it is. I was absolutely fascinated by it, and you can see some of my attempts at capturing its 'soul.'

1. I was catching a nice evening sun, but it was shining on the back of the car rather than on the front. I'll have to go back to capture that hood ornament again.
  2. The vines were all dead and kind of a drab gray-brown, and the car itself is a nondescript color now, though it must have been some kind of blue-green. So I wasn't sure what to do with the colors, and especially shooting the front into the light made the colors even more of a challenge. As you can see, I ended up with desaturating and kind of a sepia look. How does that look to you? Or is the color better? Or is there something else you would suggest? (I do have these in RAF, so I have room to play.)
  3. That hood ornament is quite a thing! (If you look closely, you can see my reflection in it!) Any other suggestions on angles to shoot or details to capture?

Thanks for looking!

markgv's gear list:markgv's gear list
Pentax K-30 Pentax K-3 Pentax KP Fujifilm X-T100 Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM +19 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow