Custom Mid-Range PC Build for Photo and Video editing, help

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Tmjc Regular Member • Posts: 184
Re: Custom Mid-Range PC Build for Photo and Video editing, help

If I were you I would be looking at the amd ryzen 3000 series cpu, something like the 3700x or 3900x (I´d skip the 3800x it doesn´t improve performance over the 3700x much). They offer much better value than Intel right now.
Here is a good performance breakdown for lightroom cpu performance: https://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/Lightroom-Classic-CPU-Roundup-AMD-Ryzen-3rd-Gen-AMD-Threadripper-2-Intel-9th-Gen-Intel-X-series-1592/

What video editing software do you use? Premiere Pro can utilize the iGPU of Intel cpus and therefore Intel cpus are significantly faster. In all other programs amd is faster (price for price)
As for the GPU I would look at the 1660 ti as it performs similarly to the 1070 while using less power and (probably?) beeing cheaper. The 1070 is now nearly 2 generations old so if you don´t have a really good deal for one I would recommend that you get a more recently released model.

Tmjc's gear list:Tmjc's gear list
Canon 6D Mark II Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Canon EF 50mm F1.8 STM Canon 70-300 F4-5.6 IS II +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow