Has anyone had this focus point Issue with D500?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Jimusny
Jimusny Senior Member • Posts: 2,046
Has anyone had this focus point Issue with D500?

I have my D500 set as group but default, and and AF On  button set for Single point, lately while tracking a bird in group, its switching to single point without touching the Button, it has caused me to miss a few shots because if not being on the bird where the single point was and refocusing on background.. all I can think is there may be dirt under the button or something.. At first I thought I might be pushing the button with out realizing it but lifting my thumb off the camera when it happens it still stays in single point.. some days it does it a lot and others not at all.. I assume this issue could occur with any focus point settings.. I am going to try to turn AF On off and reassign to another button for now see if it stops,  to see if its an issue with the button itself

Jimusny's gear list:Jimusny's gear list
Nikon D500 Nikon AF-S Teleconverter TC-14E II Nikkor AF-S 300mm f/4E PF ED VR Nikon 500mm F5.6E PF Olympus E-M1 +9 more
Nikon D500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow