Finding Polaris?

Started 9 months ago | Questions thread
landscaper1
OP landscaper1 Veteran Member • Posts: 4,886
Re: Finding Polaris?

Alen K wrote:

landscaper1 wrote:

Of all the suggestions made in this thread, the idea of attaching a laser pointer to the SkyTracker Pro (probably right above its optical sight) seems the best of all. I'm going to try that.

Of course, my OP inquiry was based on a certain amount of optimism. I'm 74, have high BP, and live in what is expected to be a Covid-19 epicenter (Baltimore/Washington/Northern VA region). In all likelihood, it'll be some time before medical experts are likely to say it's safe for people like me to be getting out of our self-imposed quarantine.

I have seen low-power green laser pointers on Amazon for as low as $8, so it's an economical solution too. Just be mindful of airplanes and don't do it if you are anywhere near an airport.

Stay safe. We're going to get through this!

I've seen those as well.  However, I wonder if their low price also correlates to not being as bright and less able to maintain a narrow beam at greater distance.  They are, after all, intended for use in making presentations in a much smaller space.

-- hide signature --

Landscaper
-----
"Draw me a picture of an island without any seas;
show me a map of the whole world without boundaries."

landscaper1's gear list:landscaper1's gear list
Canon EOS 5DS R Canon EOS R Canon EF 50mm F1.8 II Canon Extender EF 1.4x II Samyang 35mm F1.4 +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow