Advice about macro w/33mm lens.

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
MacM545 Contributing Member • Posts: 585
Advice about macro w/33mm lens.

I started trying to use a Calculator to find the eventual macro ratio possible with a 33mm lens reversed, also with extension tubes up to 26mm total. The original ratio is 0.1X, and I likely had a problem with the calculation: I didn’t know then the ratio of the lens reversed but instead used the regular ratio instead. Can someone tell me what macro range, in terms of the macro ratio, I could get with such a lens, or is more information needed? I also wanted to use a 23mm lens but again, I have had trouble finding much information on that lens (23mm version hasn’t been released at the Time). BTW, it’s for a APS-C. I probably won’t use the 33mm much for macro regardless, at least for focus stacking, because it’s supposed to have internal focus, but it did seem neat initially because of it’s AF which I could finally use with my camera’s focus bracketing (i have realized that it might not work well beyond 1:1 even if the internal focus isn’t there, correct me if that’s wrong).

MacM545's gear list:MacM545's gear list
Sony RX100 II Canon EOS 500D Fujifilm X-T2 Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 Fujifilm 50-230mm II +1 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow