Eos RP vs M50 image quality difference

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
csnite
csnite Regular Member • Posts: 153
Eos RP vs M50 image quality difference

I currently use the M50 with the 22mm and 18-150, along with a few adapted lenses, but nothing exotic. I am fine with the image quality of the M50 at base ISO but coming from Fuji, find that the high ISO, and both highlight and shadow recovery are significantly worse than Fuji. However, I greatly prefer the Canon color rendering and absolutely did not like Fuji's X-trans sensor for the way it handled foliage, bark, etc. It was just a hassle. At this point, I am wondering how much I would gain from swapping to the RP, RF 24-105 f4 and 35 f1.8? The other major issue for me is the lack of direct controls on the M50, namely the single control dial. I am not really concerned with M ending or any of that nonsense, but I would specifically like a good walkaround lens, a smallish low light normal, and down the line a portrait prime and very wide angle prime.

In M land, that would look like the Rokinon 12, 22, Sigma 56, 18-150 (which is just ok, but not spectacular)

In RF, that would be a Rok 14(?), 35 1.8, 85 1.8, 24-105.

I am ok with only being 24-105 as I almost never shoot above 80ish in APSC. How significant would the difference be in day to day shooting and post processing? Thanks for any insight.

csnite's gear list:csnite's gear list
Olympus TG-5 Fujifilm X-T200 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm 50-230mm II Fujifilm XC 35mm F2
Canon EOS M50 (EOS Kiss M)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow