G9 Firmware Update

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
iano Senior Member • Posts: 1,852
Re: G9 Firmware Update

Fulcanelli wrote:

I have a G9 that has not been updated - purchased recently. I see that this camera has four updates,, 1.1, 1.2, 1.3 and 2.1. I went to the Panasonic site and only one update is listed. Is it accumulative and the newest version includes all four?

Thanks

Firmware updates are not 'patches' that add functionality though extra code, each update is a complete copy of the firmware. All functionality available is contained in the one firmware file, and erases the previous version.

This means 2.1 provides all functionality of 2.1 without any need for previous versions to have been installed.

If a function of a previous version is not continued in a new version then installing the new version will eliminate that function.  This very rarely happens.  Generally each new release builds on what was provided in previous versions.

Everything you get comes from the one firmware release file.

iano's gear list:iano's gear list
Panasonic GX850 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic Lumix G Vario HD 14-140mm F4-5.8 OIS Panasonic Leica DG Macro-Elmarit 45mm F2.8 ASPH OIS Panasonic Leica D Summilux Asph 25mm F1.4 +9 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow