GFX 50S Durability / Repair Cost

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
matteroner
matteroner Contributing Member • Posts: 696
Re: GFX 50S Durability / Repair Cost

icor1031 wrote:

matteroner wrote:

icor1031 wrote:

I'm considering using a GFX 50S to shoot weddings, but only if it's cost effective. Should I expect that it would last twice as long as a 5D Mark IV? Or that repair costs would not be substantial?

Using ebay, the price of the GFX is roughly double.

What do you want to achieve with the gfx that you can't do now? Thats really the question you need to ask. Then you need to ask how much is that "______"worth per shoot.

My goal is to get the 100. I'm trying to decide whether I want to use the 50S as a stepping stone, because then I can purchase lenses for the GFX systems and not have to purchase any more for the EF systems while waiting to get the funds for the 100.

Again, even with the 100, you have to ask yourself how do I monetize this purchase. My guess is 2 things. 1 cropability. 2 adding high res video clips. And maybe 3 shallow depth of field shots might garner some edge.

Do the numbers and see if it is worth it. If you can immediately increase your fee 10% because of the features it brings, then it might be worth it. But I don't know your usiness and what your current margins are. I would also consider financing it with a business loan. Then it doesn't kill your cash flow as much and you can generally write off the interest.

matteroner's gear list:matteroner's gear list
Canon EOS 400D Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 80D Fujifilm GFX 50R Canon EF 35mm F1.4L USM +13 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow