High school graduation cancelled...

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
OP wtang Contributing Member • Posts: 593
Thanks for your supportive comments

Thanks everyone for your supportive comments. I'll show them to my daughter as I'm sure she will appreciate them. Another thing about this pandemic that's tough on high school seniors is the travel restrictions make it impossible to visit the colleges where they've been accepted. In a normal year, all colleges would be holding "welcome day" events right now to have accepted students come and visit the campuses one last time before making a decision on where to spend their next 4 years. There are some schools my daughter was accepted to but we never had a chance to visit before. We were counting on welcome day events to visit those schools. Now she has to choose a college without seeing some of them. I wonder if a side effect of this pandemic will be high school seniors nationwide choosing colleges closer to home than in past years?

Regards,
Warren
http://www.pbase.com/wtang

wtang's gear list:wtang's gear list
Canon PowerShot SD850 IS Konica Minolta DiMAGE A200 Olympus Stylus Tough 6000 Kodak EasyShare Z990 Nikon D300 +12 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow